Take your energy to the next level with this 22-Day Healthy Habits Challenge which will keep you mindful of your health and wellness daily.
It’s that time again where I love to release a new challenge to help all of us stay on track and committed to our fitness journeys and goals. This one is a bit different as we won’t be solely focused on exercising and workouts.
This 22-Day Healthy Habits Challenge is more holistic. Each day you will follow a set of activities intended to remind you have healthy habits that should be a part of your health journey.
Here’s how it works. Simply set up reminders in your telephone of these daily activities and stay committed to following them at least 5 days a week but preferably daily for 22 days. They say it takes 21 days to form a new habit so hopefully with an additional day, it will help get you on the road to a healthier lifestyle.
Take your health and wellness to the next level with our 22-Day Healthy Habits which will help you not only develop good habits but help you stay consistent. #healthyhabits #22daysnutritionTweet
Healthy Habits Goal
The goal and purpose of this challenge is to help you develop healthier habits and remain consistent. It’s a mind over matter commitment but I know you will fare well with this challenge
22-Day Healthy Habits Rules And Registration
- Leave a comment below that you are in for doing this challenge
- RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/803087113871912/
- Join our online fitness accountability group if you haven’t already
- Use hashtag #22DayHealthyHabits when posting accountability photos
- Share this challenge with a friend or 10
- Have fun and think about your gains
- Grab the daily healthy habits list of prompts below
22-Day Healthy Habits Prompt List
Do your very best to get at least 6 to 8 hours of sleep a night. Record your favorite show, wind down with soothing tea, sign off social media at a decent hour and prioritize your sleep.
I like to turn off the television and simply go to bed with the room pitch black. You may want to listen to meditating music or ocean waves to fall asleep. Whatever it takes.
Avoid alcohol and caffeine as it could disrupt your ability to fall fast to sleep.
Drink 2 protein shakes or smoothies a day. Feel free to drink one in the morning and a second one at lunch time. However your schedule dictates. Try to select a protein powder high in protein and low in added sugar.
I plan to drink the 22 Days protein powder in Vanilla and Peanut Butter flavors. This protein powder includes:
- All organic ingredients
- Soy free
- Gluten free
- 20 grams of protein
- No artificial sweeteners or flavors
- 15 servings
- Costs $25.99
You can pick up your very own here.
Move your body every day for at least 30 minutes. It can be low-impact like a walk or session on the elliptical or as intense as you like. Just move your body for 30 minutes daily. Yoga and meditation count.
Your body will thank you for it. Be sure to always check with your physician before starting any new exercise or health program. Listen to your physician if they advise not to participate. Know and listen to your body.
Drink at least 72 oz of water a day to stay hydrated. There are so many benefits of drinking water daily the list is too long to list here but check out my major benefits to drink water post here and drink up buttercup.
Alcohol is set aside during this 22-day challenge. You can reach for it again after the challenge.
Alcohol includes wine, beer, liquor or a spritzer. It’s only 22 days and you will be full from the protein shakes and water
Eat Your Produce
Eat fresh vegetables with every meal including breakfast. Veggies can be consumed raw, steamed, roasted or boiled. Avoid breaded or fried vegetables. Fruit can be eaten raw, grilled or baked. Avoid fried and dried fruit. Also do not sprinkle sugar on your fruit.
Salads are a great option but stay away from salads with large amounts of mayo like macaroni, chicken or tuna salad. Think fresh raw greens.
No more than 2 tablespoons of dressing and reduce the use of other condiments like croutons, bacon bits, etc. as they are highly processed.
- Limit the amount of processed and fast food you eat during this challenge. Limi dairy, bread, simple carbs and red meat.
- Spruce up your water with fruit or tea if you can’t stand drinking plain water.
- Need help sleeping? Drink warmed nut milk with turmeric.
- Focus on eating as much whole food as possible. Home cooked is optimal so you know what is going into your meal.
- Mindful eating is important. Think about what you are eating and slow down your chewing to savor the flavors and to allow your body to realize when it is full so you don’t overeat.
- Stay accountable daily by using the challenge hashtag of #22DayHealthyHabits.