Find out the effective techniques Rashawn used to get started on her fitness journey to obtain her amazing results.
When The Light Bulb Went Off
In February 2019, I weighed 225 pounds and I was not pleased with myself. I was 220 pounds when I delivered my almost 11 pounds baby in 2004 and that was the heaviest I had ever been in my life so exceeding that weight was unacceptable.
In addition, all of my grandparents are alive and well in their 80s and if I want to live to be well in my 100s, I needed to make a change ASAP!
I realized that I am the author of my diseases so I needed to get my MIND right first.
Steps To Transformation
I discreetly completed the following to permanently transform:
- Got my mind right and learned how to truly LOVE myself. (Daily mantra: I am not dieting, I am changing my life).
- Purchased a journal to track goals, weight, body measurements, accomplishments and challenges.
- Eliminated alcohol, sweet treats, fast foods and fried foods from my diet.
- Purchased DietBet and StepBet memberships. Participated in 3 DietBet (every 4 weeks) and 3 StepBet games (every six weeks) consistently eliminated 10 lbs. per month.
- Watched and studied countless fasting and minimalistic documentaries on Netflix and incorporated intermittent fasting.
- Used YouTube trainers such as Leslie Sansone and Adrian Bryant to meet (and beat) my daily fitness goals.
- Tracked my meals using MyFitnessPal.
- Implemented a Mediterranean diet focusing on fish and veggies.
- Drank 100 ounces of water daily.
- Practiced kindness and patience with myself to align my mind, body and soul. Namaste!
- Removed negativity in all forms from my life and forgave everyone (including myself).
- Voila! 7 months later, I was 70 pounds lighter!
Today, I still participate in DietBet (Maintainers) and StepBet to maintain a weight between 145-150 pounds. If it’s raining and cold, I work out at home with my YouTube trainers. When it’s sunny and warm, I walk and run 5-10 miles outside with friends and neighbors.
I never miss a Monday and I rest on Sundays. I believe in self-care so I take a nightly Epson salt (with bubbles) soak to treat my muscles well. I’ve learned that if you are good to your body, your body will be good to you.
Most days, I practice intermittent fasting and only eat between 10:00 am – 5:00 pm (about 4 meals) and stay away from processed foods. I read nutritional labels and do not purchase foods with ingredients that I do not understand.
However, I do treat myself with sweet treats, an espresso martini and fried foods periodically. I practice moderation in all forms of my life.
I love the way that I inspire others including my wife and son. It’s a great reward to see others grab hold of their lives in a healthy manner. We only have one life to live, there are no second chances so make the best out of what you have now. I stay motivated by asking myself, if I was to die today or tomorrow, how do I want to be remembered? What’s my legacy?
I have laid the old me to rest (R.I.P), she took me as far as she could and I’m grateful. I am allowing the new me to take the wheel and guide me through the rest of my life. By doing so, I have exceeded my own expectations.
I remain humbled by my transformation and I continue to follow the basic principles of fasting and praying. This is just the beginning, I have more work to do and I’m truly excited about today and my future.
God is good…all the time!