Hi everybody. Checking in with my Five Friday topic “Off To The Races” which fits right in with my half marathon update. Last time I checked in I let you all know I had not done a hill of beans of training. That was for a few reasons including a bum knee and horrible Maryland weather with record amounts of snowfall. With all of that said – I still haven’t been training like I should.
Before I share my reasons for signing up for the Iron Girl Half Marathon let me shout out the wonderful hostesses for this weekly link up. This link up is sponsored by Courtney from Eat Pray Run, DC, Cynthia from You Signed Up For What? and Mar from Mar on the Run! Their fitness and running blogs are awesome so make sure you head on over and check them out.
Here are my top 5 reasons why I signed up for the Iron Girl Half:
- It is on my daughter’s birthday, April 27th so I thought it would be cool if she saw me cross the finish line since I dedicated this race to her
- I never ran a half marathon before and this is going to be my first
- I registered with some friends and we are going to achieve this together. She is going for the triple crown.
- I want to be considered an Iron Girl myself even if I haven’t completed one of their traithlons
- I think it will just be COOL BEANS to be able to tell folks I completed a half marathon
Now there are some rumblings and questions as to whether the race will take place now due to some financial trouble experienced by the hosting organization TriColumbia, but hopefully the race will go forward. If not, there are more than enough of other races to make up for this one so I won’t fret on that front. I will also get my butt up and out there running on the pavement again once this weather permanently breaks for the season.
What race(s) have you signed up for and why?