Working out can be painful. Seriously – it literally can be uncomfortable and something you won’t want to spend too much time doing it because while you’re at it, it feels like you are going to vomit or pass out. That is when it is JUST getting good.
Let me share what goes through my mind while working out:
- Why am I doing this?
- I am too old for this?
- Ugh, not another rep – I am about to pass out.
- My heart is about to jump out of my chest – this is too hard.
- I’m hungry, when is it time to eat?
The list could go on and on. And through all of it I try my darnedest not to complain – not out loud at least. If you have been following this blog you know I tend to work out in groups. I know when I hear others complain I sometimes allow it to shake my resolve. It sometimes rattles my nerves and I start second guessing what I am doing. You see, that’s what happens when you speak negativity out loud. It not only affects you – it affects those around you.
When you are busy getting or keeping it tight – you don’t have much time to run your mouth, let alone complain so if you can, you may need to evaluate what and why you are doing what you are doing. You are not focusing on the right thing.
Next time you want to complain about what you are doing for YOU and your good health and wellness consider these things:
- Force your mind to think positive thoughts such as the Little Black Dress (LBD) you will now be able to fit due to all of your hard work
- Go harder – just when it gets tough, dig DEEP (I’m sounding like Shaun T now huh) LOL. You may surprise yourself and help others power through their hard workout
- Negativity is contagious – it will permeate other areas of your life if you let it so don’t give it power. Force it away and choose to concentrate on positive thoughts
- Drink a green smoothie – yeah I know RANDOM but it is a good way to reward yourself after that hard workout. Nothing like replenishing the body with some good green stuff.
- You are blessed – God chose to allow you full faculty of your limbs and body functions when many no longer have that choice. Be happy and joyous for that
I don’t mean to rant and rave or kill a dead horse because I figure you get the point of this post – stay positive and positive things will happen. My girl said to me today “Just suck it up buttercup”. LOL!
What do you do to remain focused on a hard workout when you may want to give up? Leave us a comment!
Motivating you to Fierce, Fit and Fabulous!
You can officially stalk us on