Today’s Friday Five has to do with our 5 Places I’d Like To Workout.
This link up is sponsored by Courtney from Eat Pray Run, DC, Cynthia from You Signed Up For What? and Mar from Mar on the Run! Their fitness and running blogs are amazing so make sure you head on over and check them out.
First let me say I love to travel and wish I did more of it. Matter of fact, I think I will make time to do more of it. 🙂
1. Bahamas – Hands down this is one of my most favorite vacation spots and when I went there a few years ago I did workout in the gym that was connected to the spa. Read all about the spa here. They had basic gym equipment but you got to overlook the ocean and the green grass and trees. It wasn’t your typical workout scene.
2. The beach – I’ve seen pictures of folks doing it in magazines and the movies and have always wanted to run/workout on the beach. Later for the sand – I’m not worried about a little sand in my shorts. LOL.
3. Dominican Republic – Yeah I’m all over the place with this post but I totally enjoyed the Dominican Republic and would love to workout there. Perhaps do a destination race or something. The weather was perfect, not too hot or muggy and the people were awesome. Some of the nicest people in the world. And it appeared to be relatively flat terrain so a runcation there would be perfect.
4. Disney World – I keep hearing about all of these races and fitness events that happen there but clearly it doesn’t happen when I’m there visiting with my kids. It sounds like fun since Disney is the KING of fun. I love looking at pictures of my friends at these fitness events there and would love to participate in some myself so I can dress up in a tutu and sprinkle fairy dust on people as I do squats. Told ya they have FUN!
5. Near my mom – That way we could work out together and I can motivate her to keep moving. She does a fine job on her own with her neighborhood friends but I think I am just what she needs for an extra push.
These are my top 5 places to workout and I hope I get to do most of them very soon (within the next 18 months).