Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Puritan’s Pride®; opinions expressed are my own.
In the month of November we incorporated SUPERFOODS in our smoothies. Well this month we are in celebration mode which means parties, holiday shopping and cocktails. There are some creative ways to make some luscious cocktail(y) smoothies to keep you in the holiday mood.
If you have been reading this blog for a while you know I love smoothies for their convenience and health benefits. Stuck in a smoothie recipe rut? This will help get those creative juices flowing as we take you outside of your normal zone with the following recipes. Enjoy and cheers!
Before we get started let me share with you a little bit about Puritan’s Pride®. Puritan’s Pride® (http://www.puritan.com) began over 40 years ago, with the mission of making the finest quality nutritional supplements available at the best value to their customers. Today, the company remains true to its original commitment and serves millions of loyal customers. Puritan’s Pride manufactures thousands of vitamins, minerals, herbs and other nutritional supplements in their state-of-the art facilities located throughout the U.S. As part of the company’s commitment to quality, Puritan’s Pride only uses ingredients from suppliers worldwide that meet their Quality Assurance Standards, as well as Good Manufacturing Practices food quality standards.
Check out these three mocktail superfood smoothie recipes developed by Brooke Alpert, M.S., R.D., C.D.N., of B Nutritious and author of The Sugar Detox, who works as a paid spokesperson for Puritan’s Pride.
Passion Pear Smoothie
Focus Ingredient: Pear
Pears are a source of fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K. The good source of vitamin C may help the immune system! Vitamin K helps support bones.
- 1 pear
- ½ banana
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 8oz almond milk
- ½ cup kale
Focus Ingredient: Cocoa
Cocoa isn’t just a delicious treat! It’s a nutrition powerhouse. Cocoa is a source of antioxidants, which help support numerous facets of health and total-body wellness.
- 1 banana
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ½ cup spinach
- 1.5 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
Spiced Apple Smoothie
Focus Ingredient: Apples
Apples do more than just keep the doctor away. These crunchy fall treats are rich sources of fiber and vitamin C. Vitamin C helps support the immune system and fiber supports digestion and heart health. In other words, drink up!
- 1 ½ apples, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup Kale
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
FDA Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Here are some key ingredients by Puritan’s Pride that is sure to help you mock up your favorite cocktail while getting in some health benefits.
- Vegan Protein Powder – chocolate
- Lehi Valley Natural Ginger – Natural ginger is from the ginger root and is perfect as a spicy snack, for a cup of tea, or an ingredient in cooking and baking. Dried naturally with a unique combination of sweet, spicy, moist and chewy.
- Dynamic Health Pomegranate Juice Concentrate – Convenient, delicious way to obtain the beneficial compounds in pomegranate fruit.
- Vanns Peppermint Flavor Extract – Few flavors are as distinctly tantalizing as the cool, minty vibrancy of Peppermint Extract. Use in cake, cookies, frosting and ice cream dishes.
- Puritan’s Pride Vitamin C Crystals – Supports antioxidant health and immune system function.* Vitamin C Crystals are specially designed for people who cannot take tablets or capsules.