Disclaimer: I was sent a complimentary Swoob Snack Box to write an honest review. As always, all opinions, thoughts, suggestions, and recommendations are my very own. In other words, you are going to get an honest review, regardless of compensation. 🙂
I was very excited when I was contacted about reviewing the newly launched Swoob Snack Box. The excitement wasn’t just because I was going to try out some new food (eventhough that is reason enough) I probably have never tried before, I am also very interested in finding healthier snacks for my kids.
Here’s how the Swoob Snack Box Subscription Program works:
- There are 2 types of boxes the regular Swoob Snack box and the Swoob Fitness box. You can order a single box or sign up for a 6 or 12 month subscription. If you sign up for one year you get an extra box for FREE which is pretty nice.
- Each box contains anywhere between 8 to 10 healthy snacks
- Swoob ships directly to your door for FREE
You may ask yourself – what is the difference between the Swoob Snack box and the Swoob Fitness box. Basically the Swoob Fitness box contains snack items perfect for pre and post workout supplementation to help fuel you for a workout and refuel your body after a rigorous workout.
Let’s get to what came in the box.
Skinny Pop Popcorn – I packed this in my daughter’s lunch box and she came home RAVING about how good it was and how she wants me to continue packing in her lunches. It is considered a skinny popcorn with only 100 calories, non-GMO and gluten free. A win all around.
Popcorners – this was another light and airy popcorn snack that I ate myself when the family left the house. It was very very good and was surprisingly filling too. This is also gluten free.
Lara Bar – They sent the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor and while I have tasted some other flavors by Lara in my race swag bag, this is the first time I had a real life size bar. I ate it late one night when I wanted to snack on something but didn’t want to reach for the ice cream. It was very filling and delicious.
Pro Bars – there were 2 bars sent in the box. One was the Almond Crunch Meal bar and the other was the Chocolate Cherry Cashew Bite bar. I haven’t tasted these yet but did plan on taking some to my son’s LAX game in the event a snack attack happened. Game got cancelled so didn’t try them yet but they are organic, verified non-GMO and contains between 6 and 9 grams of protein between the 2 bars.
GoMacro Macrobar – this is a granola and coconut bar that is vegan, macrobiotic and gluten free.
Sunny Seeds – these chocolate covered sunflower seeds is an interesting concept. These colorful sunflower seeds are drenched in chocolate. I haven’t had a chance to try these yet but they look like a container full of Tic Tacs.
Health Warrior Chia Bar – I have seen these around the web and chia seeds are all the rave right now. I haven’t tried these yet but they will be kept safe in my desk drawer at work. They are considered a superfood super snack.
Nature’s Bakery Fig Bar – this bar is made from stone ground whole wheat and is cholesterol free, dairy free, 0 transfat, kosher and verified non-GMO.
This box came full with 8 snacks and the boxes start at $19.99/box for a 6 or 12 month subscription for the Swoob Snack box and $26.99/box for a 6 or 12 month subscription to the Swoob Fitness box.
- Boxes are specially curated and delivered to your door for convenience
- Each box contains healthy, organic or gluten-free snacks for healthy noshing
- Shipping is free
- The boxes are pricey compared to other snack subscription boxes
- There was no insert describing any of the products inside the box – one comes to expect an insert with product information
- While this was their first box, it was heavy on the bars and there were 2 very similar popcorn products in the same box – variety is the spice of life and they need to do a better job mixing up the type of products in each box
- Wish there was a way to purchase my favorites directly from their site
I give this box a 8 stars out of 10 stars. For the snacks I ate I can verify they were very good. As previously mentioned I knocked down the rating on this box for 2 reasons, price and variety.
//SHOP THIS POST//
Get 20% off with PROMO CODE SWOOBSTRONG
Which of these snacks would you want to try first?
3 Replies to "Product Review: March Swoob Snack Box"
March 28, 2015 (4:09 pm)
These are great snacks for the office and I would love to try the Popcorners.
March 29, 2015 (12:21 am)
Antionette you thinking like me – keeping these in my desk drawer at work for the mid-afternoon munchies.
#FitnessFriday - HelloFresh Box Review - Femme Fitale Fit Club ® Blog April 3, 2015 (8:59 am)
[…] been going through and reviewing a bunch of food subscription boxes which you can check out here, here and here. It has been a blast and here is one of the final ones – […]