This is a Paula Deen recipe I found online. Delicious and fresh ta’ def! You won’t believe how delicious and tasty this is.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (14-ounces) can tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
- Green onions, for garnish
Preheat crock pot on high. In frying pan, heat olive oil. Add peppers, onions and celery. Cook until softened. Add chili powder and saute until caramelized. Remove from heat and pour into crock pot. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, hot sauce, Worcestershire, white sugar, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 hours. Add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes. Serve over rice. Top with chopped green onions.