Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and sometimes our mornings are so hectic we do not have time to make a nutritious healthy meal before we leave the home. No fret, make these Breakfast Egg Muffins in advance and preheat in the microwave on high for 45 seconds and never skip breakfast again.
View the quick video here:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350
- Crack all eggs and whisk. Cut all veggies and sautee in olive oil until bright in color and spinach is slightly wilted. Spray 6-cup muffin pan with Pam. Add sauteed veggies and cheddar cheese in the egg mixture. Pour equal amounts of egg mixture in muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until egg is firm
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Place uneaten Breakfast Egg Muffins in plastic bag and store in refrigerator
- Store for no more than 3 days
Serving size: 102 g
Cholesterol: 168 mg
Sodium: 484 mg
Potassium: 190 mg
Total carbs: 2.9 g
Protein: 7.2 g
What is your favorite convenient breakfast?
This post is linked up to the Meatless Monday Link Up hosted by Confessions Of A Mother Runner and Fuel Your Future with Tina Muir where you can find a plethora of delicous recipes sans meat to delight the palate. Join us!