Learn the easy way to build muscle fast.
If you have ever stepped into a gym, most like you’ve used the old school method of 3 sets with 10 reps to try and build muscle. Then, 90% of you won’t return after a month because you don’t see any gains.
Of course not!
Think about what you’re doing. In order for a muscle to increase in size you have to first break it down. You’re not going to accomplish that with 3 measly sets of weights you can lift 10 times.
If you really want to build muscle, try the method fitness coach Chad Waterbury advocates in his book Huge in a Hurry. At first I was skeptical to try this method I am about to describe, but now I am a true believer.
If you want to accelerate your muscle growth, perform this method.
- First pick an exercise you want to do,
- Find a weight that you can lift 6 times. This step is often the cause of mistakes. Most bodybuilders at this point will pick a weight they can lift 10 times and use this as the weight they can lift 6 times. I want you to truly pick a weight that you can lift only 6 times, and you should be struggling on that sixth rep.
- Once you have determined that weight, your first set is to lift it 6 times.
- Rest for 30 seconds and then repeat with that same weight for your second set.
- Don’t worry; you probably won’t lift that weight 6 times your second set, in fact, if you do, you didn’t choose a heavy enough weight.
- Continue to bang out sets with that same weight until you reach a total of 30 reps.
You should do only one exercise per muscle group and don’t overtrain. This doesn’t have to be your whole workout, but after you complete 30 reps, try not to do any more exercises with that muscle group for a few days
Which type of weight lifting technique do you prefer? Low rep, heavy weight or high rep, light weight?