Disclaimer: I was provided a complimentary Surpahs Digital Body Fat Scale. All opinions in this product review are my very own honest opinion of this product. This post may contain affiliate links.
Where To Buy the Surpahs Digital Body Fat Scale:
Product Features (directly from Surpahs’ site):
- 2010 reddot design award,
- ultra thin special creative design,
- classic style.
- Multiple functions, measures body fat, water, muscle and bone mass.
- “Step-ON” Technology to get instant readings without tapping to turn on.
- Automatic distinguish 8 users’ profile, no need to reset data, the best choice for family usage.
- Large 3.5″ Blue mode LCD display with nice backlight.
- Auto Calibrated; Auto Power-Off; Powered by 2 Lithium Batteries (included) – See more at: http://www.surpahs.com/product/SURPAHS-Multifunction-8-Users-Auto-Recognition-Body-Fat-Scale-Body-Mass-Index-p-148.html#sthash.PIYjhyfW.dpuf
The MSRP for this scale is $75.99 which is slightly cheaper than other similar products on the market.
How I used it:
First thing’s first, you must set up a profile on this scale. It can set up to 8 different profiles. You enter basic demographics such as age, gender, height, and activity level. Once your profile is set you stand on the scale so it can read your initial weight. Once that is complete the scale will automatically recognize you and display your profile when you step on the scale when multiple profiles are set in the scale. The caveat is – as long as no other set profile is within +/- 6 lbs of your recorded weight.
Set up was quick and very easy.
This scale takes weighing your body to the next level. Not only does it take your basic weight, it also calculates your water, bone and muscle mass. As you get older, monitoring bone mass is very important. I was very curious about how accurate it was so I did my own little experiment where I asked my personal trainer to take my body fat percentage and then I compared it to the results from the scale in female athletic mode and female regular mode.
According to the scale you set your profile for athletic mode if you workout 10+ hours a week. I work out almost daily but not that frequently so while I ran my experiment with both settings, I ultimately settled on regular mode.
Per instructions, I stood on the scale with clean bare feet and watched as the magic happened. My weight immediately displayed and then small circles travelled across the bottom of the screen as it calculated my other statistics. It then flashed my BMI, body fat percentage, water, muscle and bone mass. They have cute little icons for each so you can determine which measurement is being displayed.
Recap of Pros/Cons:
- Easy to set up
- Automatically recognizes the profile of the person on the scale
- Highlights more than weight, other quality measurements such as BMI, water, body fat percentage, bone and muscle mass
- Small footprint
- Very slim
- Fairly accurate results
- Good price point
- Allows for 8 profiles
- Skid proof
- Limited color options (black or white that’s it)
Overall I give this scale a 9 out of 10 stars. It’s an awesome scale that helps consumers recognize there are additional measurements that will help determine their overall body composition and not solely focus on body weight. I really like the fact it provides bone mass measurements since that becomes a much needed measurement as one ages. I do plan to measure my body fat again with a much more expensive tool such as the Bod Pod and then again compare it to this scale’s results to better determine the accuracy of its results.
Purchase Your Own:
If you would you like to purchase your own, click the below image and start shopping.