Dinnertime has done it again and sent me a delicious recipe my family devoured (and I have a family of picky eaters). This dinner was so quick and easy to prepare – just about anyone can cook it. My place of employment sponsors our subscription to this great service. I have never prepared my black beans and corn this way and I guarantee your tastebuds will be singing. Please ENJOY this recipe and leave a comment if and when you try it to let me know what your family thought.
Ingredients for Salsa Chicken
- 1 packet McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 14.5 oz can or jar diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1/4 cup apricot or peach preserves
Ingredients for Southwest Corn and Black Beans
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion
- 1 14.5 oz can or jar frozen corn
- 1 14.5 oz can or jar canned black beans, drained and rinsed
Preparation for Salsa Chicken
- Place the seasoning mix on a plate or in a plastic bag. Add chicken strips; toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
- Stir in tomatoes and preserves. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Preparation for Corn and Black Beans
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add the onion; cook and stir 4 minutes or until tender. Add remaining spice mixture; cook and stir 1 minute to toast spices.
- Stir in corn and beans. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; keep warm.