Hi everybody. Checking in with my Five Friday topic “Five Fitness Truths”. This topic is perfect as I have a solid 5 to share for guaranteed results.
Before I share my solid truths let me shout out the wonderful hostesses for this weekly link up. This link up is sponsored by Courtney from Eat Pray Run, DC, Cynthia from You Signed Up For What? and Mar from Mar on the Run! Their fitness and running blogs are awesome so make sure you head on over and check them out.
Here are my top 5 fitness truths:
- Drink water and stay hydrated. While it is possible, yet rare, to drink too much water – drink water when you first wake up to get the body organs flushed and operating after a night’s sleep. I drink at least 3, 8 oz cups of water at room temperature EACH and every morning when I wake up, 7 days a week.
- To burn fat throughout the day, incorporate weights into your workout plan. Guaranteed lifting will shape your body better than an abundance of cardio.
- Since I’m on the topic of cardio – get it in. It is a quick way to burn fat especially the runs. It is a great way to sculpt with the sprints. Don’t be afraid of the sprints.
- Get at least 7 to 8 hours of rest. I know I know, Scandal is on television or ratchet television is tempting but we MUST get in enough sleep in order to perform at our optimal best.
- The body achieves what the mind believes. If you don’t think you can, you won’t try and your body won’t change. If you mentally push through – you will eventually get stronger and faster and do more than ever believed.
These my friends are true fitness truths to live by. Keep it simple and basic and get the results. Consistency is KING or in this case QUEEN. Perform your workouts and runs REGULARLY and watch the fat eventually melt away and the abs and sculpted muscles take form.
Share your fitness truths in comments below.