Submitted by: Ramona
I set a goal at the beginning of the year to run, walk or crawl 624 miles and 12 races in at least 5 different states in 2012. I’m currently at 441.8 miles and to date I have completed the following races:
1. Presidential MLK 8K – January
2. Rock n Roll New Orleans Half Marathon(LA) – March
3. DC’s Cherry Blossom 10 Miler – April
4. Philly’s Broad Street 10 Miler(PA) – May
5. Metro Delta Torchbearer 5K – May
6. Baltimore Women’s Classic 5K – June
7. Black Girls Run! Drive to End Hunger 5K(GA) – September
8. Great Prostate Cancer Challenge One Mile Fun Walk(with my son & men from my church while honoring my dad who is a SURVIVOR!) – September
For the month of October I have three races: 9. Baltimore Running Festival Marathon Relay(MD), 10. Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K and 11. Marine Corps Marathon 10K.
Some of these races are also training runs for me as my last race for the year will be 12. St. Jude Memphis Marathon – Half Marathon(TN) in December.And with this race, the states challenge will be MET…God willing and the creek don’t rise! 🙂
7 miles on tap for me this weekend in the Baltimore Running Festival. I’ve never run this race before but it’s Baltimore’s BIGGEST at 27,000 runners. Hoping for a FUN TIME for me & my relay team! Please wish Team Southern Soles(representing TN, GA & South Cacky Lacky) some Fun, Fellowship & a Finish in the upright position…that’s what matters to me in this racing game! 😉
Ramona is a wife, mother and fitness fan! A dedicated fitness buff, Ramona is committed to staying in shape using a variety of methods and constantly challenging herself. She is currently training for the St. Jude Memphis Marathon where she will be running her 2nd Half Marathon this year. Her previous was the New Orleans Rock & Roll Half Marathon in March 2012. Good luck on your race Ramona – Femme Fitale is rooting for you!!
Thank you for sharing your inspirational story with us!