Please introduce yourself to our readers (i.e. your name, occupation, hobbies, etc.).
- Hello my name is Keisha. I am an self employed personal trainer & part time manager at a nightclub.
What sparked your weight-loss transformation journey?
- What sparked my weight loss journey was me preparing for a summer trip. The goal was to loose 20 pounds for the trip and that was it. I did achieve the 20 pounds but something in me didn’t let me quit when I got back home. I tell people I believe it was God pushing me & not allowing me to give up on me just for the sake of the trip. He was setting me up for a much bigger purpose.
What was your beginning and current weight or measurements?
- I honestly don’t know my starting measurements because I was so ashamed.I never really wanted to know or face it so to say. My measurements are currently 36/26/36
How long did it take for your weight-loss transformation from beginning to end?
- It has now been a year and 6 months that I’ve been in the process of my fitness goals.
Which physical activities did you participate in during your journey?
- I started out doing a lot of cardio, elliptical, treadmill, bike riding, etc. then once I came down 20 pounds I started incorporating more weight training in my workouts.
How did your eating habits change?
- My eating habits changed tremendously. Started prepping all my meals it was the highlight of my success of weight loss.
What do you typically eat for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner?
- For breakfast I typically eat egg whites, spinach, and turkey bacon w bowl of oat bran. ( lol a lot I know; but breakfast should be your hardest meal of the day)
- For lunch: I usually eat grill chicken breast with sweet potato and any kind of fresh green veggie, snacks: fruit, protein bar, raw veggie, protein shake, or almonds, and
- For dinner? Salmon, or some kind of lean fish, brown rice, and any kind of fresh veggie.
What is your favorite fitness activity?
- My favorite fitness activity is running outdoors on the lake. It just really makes me happy and revive me.
What do you do now to maintain your physique?
- I work out twice a day, I continuously eat healthy, and keep myself surrounded by likeminded people heading in the same direction as me as.
How did you develop and sustain the willpower to avoid the bad stuff (i.e. junk food, bad drinks, lack of activity, etc.)?
- I go back to the place in my life of being unhappy and unhealthy. I go look at the pictures from my past and look at the sadness in my eyes, the lack of love that I had for myself and I never want to go back to that place or see that woman again. That is what fuels me & keeps me on track. I do stumble like everyone else. But I will NEVER stay down. I’ve come to far to look back or go back.
What advice do you have for someone looking to get started with their fitness journey but not sure where to begin?
- My biggest advance is just BEGIN! You don’t have to have it all figured out to get started. Just start. I had no clue what I was doing in the beginning but my hunger taught & directed me alone with God ordering my steps and being my guide.
What do you think is the biggest misconception about this journey?
- That it happens over night and that there is a quick way to it. All the quick fads, diet pills, waist belts none of it works without putting in the work and getting diet under control. It just doesn’t. You must be willing to fight & work for your success on this journey. But the reward is far greater than anything u can imagine.
Do you have any fitness inspirations? Who are they?
- Yes, Kathy Drayton and her husband are my favorite fitness inspirations for more reasons than one. Of course she is incredibly beautiful & fit. But I love the fact that she shares her husband was a man of God when meeting him & him loving her & leading her with God’s love is what helped her find the greatness that was already in her. He saw in her what she could not see for her self and his love lead her to be who she is today. I think that is so awesome! And they both set a great example of God”s grace , love, commitment, and fitness. I just think they are the total package of my kind of inspiration.
How can readers learn more about your transformation and journey online (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)?
- They can follow me on Instagram @blessed1keeshand twitter the same. 😊