Happy Martin Luther King Day!!!!! It’s winter time even though the temperature hasn’t dropped like talking about but even so who doesn’t love comfort food? I know I do and this latest vegetable soup recipe is a keeper. I found it on YouTube by Domestic Geek and made it myself and have been eating on it all week. I think you will enjoy it.
This recipe is only a guide – feel free to get creative and add ingredients you and your family enjoy eating. I am sure your soup will turn out great.
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced – I bought mine pre-diced
- 3 carrots, finely diced – I bought baby carrots and roughly chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely diced – I bought mine pre-diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1-28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded – I bought a bag of raw cole slaw to save on time
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Add all ingredients to the crockpot except for the frozen peas and chopped parsley. Turn on high and let cook for 4 hours.
What’s your absolute fave type of soup?
//SHOP THIS POST//
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.