Hey Fitness Family!!
Can you believe the Summer is ending and the kids are either back in school or headed back in another week or so? It’s all good because we can all get excited about the Fall season and all of the amazingness that comes with it like:
- Pumpkin picking
- Trick or Treating
- Thanksgiving Feast
- Beautiful Fall colors
And for many of you FOOTBALL!
While all of that is going on we will also be FALLING BACK ON TRACK with the new September challenge called “No Sugar In September” Challenge (#NSIS).
This is YOUR time and this challenge is all about YOU! Added sugar is everywhere and added to everything so we all have to be vigilant about reading labels and recognizing the fancy smancy words that really scream “SUGAR”!
That’s where this challenge is going to help you. We are saying challenging you and ourselves to do away with ADDED and ARTIFICIAL sugar and saying yes to whole foods, naturally sweetened with natural occurring sugar.
This challenge won’t be easy and you may want to STOP early on or in the middle but stick with it. Trust me it will be worth it.
Here are the general rules:
- On 8/30 or 8/31 measure your chest, waist and hips and record the measurements
- On 8/30 or 8/31 go through your pantry and refrigerator and haul away any and all processed foods with an overload of sugar
- On 9/1 the challenge begins so follow your daily prompts on your #NSIS calendar (below)
- Print off your list of sweeteners that are and are not allowed (below)
- Print off your daily #NSIS prompt calendar and post somewhere highly visible by you (bathroom mirror, refrigerator door) (below)
- Keep forgetting what is on the DO NOT eat list – check back here frequently for the rules
- Stay consistent and mindful of food you are eating and its sugar content
- Aim to consume no more than 20 grams to 25 grams of sugar daily
- Showcase your food choices on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with hashtag #NSIS so we can find and encourage you
- On 9/30 measure your chest, waist and hips and record the measurements
- On 9/30 YOU DID IT and CELEBRATE by treating yourself to something special like a massage, facial, pedicure, shopping (because you will need a smaller dress size) or a weekend family trip.
Suggestions for success:
- Join our Femme Fitale Fit Club online accountability PRIVATE Facebook group to help you stay on track.
- Get your family involved and encourage the entire family to consume less sugar-ladened food
- Purchase organic, non-GMO and healthy snacks for the family such as salt-free popcorn (or pop your own), apple slices, nut butter, dried fruit (in moderation), fresh cut fruit or fruit salad, vegetable sticks.
- Order your own Snack Sack subscription box and use promo code FEMME10 to get 10% off
- Order your own Farmivore Juice & Blending Box and use promo code FEMFREE to get 50% off your first box
- Drink plenty of water which will stave off thirst and hunger so you don’t reach for sweetened drinks and food. My BPA-Free Infusion Water Bottle with Drink Tracker is perfect because it helps you track your water consumption throughout the day so you stay hydrated.
What you can expect during and after this challenge:
- Motivating words and coaching from moi (make sure you join our private group because that is where most of this magic will happen)
- Clearer skin
- Decreased sugar cravings
- Inches lost around your chest, waist and hips
Download the official rules here ——->No Sugar In September Challenge
Grab your #NSIS calendar here ——-> No Sugar In September Challenge Accountability Calendar
They say it takes 21 days to to start a new habit and this new habit right here may be just what the doctor ordered especially right before the craziness and plethora of sweet treats at Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
This is the BEST time to set such a goal and challenge yourself. You will get a HEAD start on everyone else. 🙂
Join our challenge and encourage your family, friends, acquaintances and co-workers to join too because the more the merrier!!
Bookmark this post for easy reference. Can’t wait to see the slimmer, trimmer challengers at the end of this challenge. WE CAN DO IT! Let’s GO.
Which part of this challenge do you think will be the biggest hurdle for you?
How do you plan to overcome it?
//SHOP THIS POST//
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links and participate in this challenge at your own risk.