My New Year’s Resolutions for 2015

My New Years Resolutions 2015 #resolutions

Happy New Year everybody!!!  It’s that again.  The time of year where folks want to renew their resolutions for the up coming year to do better and do more.  I’ve also been seeing around the blogosphere the idea of folks ditching the new year’s resolution concept and focusing on a power or key word or theme for the year.  I say whatever helps you build, do better and make progress is all good with me.

I finally took a time out to think about what I want to achieve this year.  Now that is a loaded statement because there are goals I have in for my career, finances and professional life but I will stick to fitness, health, and wellness for the purposes of this blog and post.  LOL.

Here are my goals for 2015.

1. Spend more time with God
    1. Read my bible daily using my Bible app
    2. Get more active in my local church
    3. Pray daily
  2. Spend more quality time with family
    1. Volunteer in their schools
    2. Stay active on the PTA
    3. Take more family staycations
    4. Take a family summer vacation this year
    5. Eat dinner at the dinner table Monday – Thursday
    6. Cook in more, eat out less
    7. Initiate family game night
  3. Increase my fitness
    1. Drop body fat by 13% to 20% from my current 33%
    2. Stay physically active a minimum of 5 days every week between weights and cardio
  4. Improve my wellness
    1. Take supplements
    2. Drink more healthy green smoothies at least 3 times a week
    3. Drink less wine
  5. Get certified
    1. Study for my personal trainer and nutrition certification
    2. Identify which program I want to go through

This list isn’t extensive and actually it isn’t that much different than my list last year.  That’s mainly because these goals remain my priority and there is still much more improvement I need to make in these areas.  We hit a few rough patches this year with my daughter in particular and I believe it is because we need to be more PRESENT when we are around our children.

We are home often but being present and paying attention and giving of ourselves and our time is what they need at these tender ages.  They are now 12 and 7 and are active in sports and art classes.  My husband and I plan to continue to make them first and to make sure they continue to thrive.

I will try to check in at least monthly and share my progress with you all – the good, the BAD and maybe even the ugly.  I think if you see a real person going through real things it will show you that YOU can do whatever you set your mind to.  It may not always be pretty but if I can do it you can do it too!

What health, wellness or fitness goals did you set for 2015?

25 Replies to "My New Year's Resolutions for 2015"

Deborah
    January 5, 2015 (8:05 am)

You’ve got a lot of goals my friend! Looking forward to watching you smash them all!
    Deborah recently posted…Lasagna Soup-Meatless MondayMy Profile

Larisa
    January 5, 2015 (9:07 am)

LOVE LOVE LOVE your goals! I am sure you will hit every last one of them.

RFC
    January 5, 2015 (9:21 am)

Excellent list! If you ever have any questions regarding which certifying agency to go through, I’m happy to help ! I am ACSM certified, my partner is AFAA certified, so we can give our thoughts on those two.
    RFC recently posted…Shin Splints & Running: 10 Tips for Treatment and Prevention of Shin PainMy Profile

January 5, 2015 (12:52 pm)

Oh thank you Heather I do have questions. Will be in touch.

Elle
    January 5, 2015 (10:34 am)

That is a very thoughtful list! I wish you well with it and can’t wait to read about your fitness certification.
    Elle recently posted…Ah, Reflections and PlansMy Profile

Toni
    January 5, 2015 (11:35 am)

Great resolutions! I am working on my post right now! One is to get rid of GMOs from my diet! I especially like your family resolutions!
    Toni recently posted…PerseveranceMy Profile

January 5, 2015 (12:51 pm)

Thank you Toni. I read all of your blogs about your families and I just need to do more. This is the year.

AlexandraFunFit
    January 5, 2015 (1:42 pm)

For your trainer cert, go with one that’s 3rd party NCAA accredited. So the ACSM mentioned above will work, as will ACE, NASM and a bunch of others. I wrote extensively about this for IDEA Fitness Journal, so go to the ideafit site and google personal trainer certification and you’ll see my article. Best of luck.
    AlexandraFunFit recently posted…Knee Pain? Just Say No … Didn’t WorkMy Profile

Jasmine
    January 5, 2015 (1:43 pm)

This is awesome, Diatta!
    Have you written this stuff out somewhere you can see it regularly? I used to write my goals out on the bathroom mirror with a dry-erase marker. Tacky but it worked!

If you ever need any help with your fitness or advice on which cert to go after I’m always available to help 🙂

January 5, 2015 (1:46 pm)

Jasmine that is a great idea. I would love to reach out to you about the cert. I’m nervous about that goal.

Stephanie (
    January 5, 2015 (3:51 pm)

I love these goals. I am also needing to prioritize my God time and make it something I do daily, not just something I do if I have time.

I’m not sure I agree with the less wine resolution though 😉
    Stephanie ( recently posted…Mayhem Monday: Starting anewMy Profile

Rachel January 5, 2015 (4:39 pm)

Great goals! Thank you for sharing. I too need to set a goal for taking my supplements… speaking/tying that I should go and take mine NOW! 🙂
    Rachel recently posted…Motivation and PlanningMy Profile

Elena January 5, 2015 (4:54 pm)

Great goals…I have yet to do my serious reflection….which I really need to make time for. I think I was so focused on my goals for 2014, that I almost need a break from the focus 🙂
    Elena recently posted…6 Ways to Banish Stress and Find your Everyday WellnessMy Profile

Kerri Olkjer
    January 5, 2015 (5:06 pm)

GREAT goals. I can only handle focusing on 3 or 4 at a time, lol.
    Kerri Olkjer recently posted…Getting Started With Piyo + Free Printable Piyo Workout CalendarsMy Profile

Stephanie
    January 5, 2015 (5:19 pm)

Your list sounds just like mine. I intend to do all of those things except the wine… I don’t drink but all the other ones yep, you were all in my thoughts! LOL
    Stephanie recently posted…The Healthy Tradition of Eating Black-Eyed PeasMy Profile

MCM Mama
    January 5, 2015 (8:51 pm)

Great goals! I am sure that you are going to do great this year. I love that you are following your dreams with the certifications.
    MCM Mama recently posted…Top 5 posts of 2014My Profile

Sandra Laflamme
    January 5, 2015 (10:21 pm)

Great goals Diatta! I can’t wait to see which certification programs you pick. I still want to be certified as a running coach at some point.
    Sandra Laflamme recently posted…Dream Big. It’s time to set some new goals.My Profile

January 5, 2015 (10:23 pm)

It is dizzying trying to figure it out.

Christine
    January 5, 2015 (10:44 pm)

Great goals! It is about prioritizing the things that are important to us so it doesn’t feel like a huge lift when the New year rolls around. So exciting that you’re going to pursue your personal training and nutrition certification!
    Christine recently posted…New Year. New Word of the Year.My Profile

• #FitnessFriday - Happy New Year - Femme Fitale Fit Club ® Blog January 9, 2015 (12:01 am)

[…] source of information for you along your fitness journey.  I recently shared with you my personal 2015 new year’s resolution but nothing about the blog or my YouTube channel.  Here is a quick […]

Maureen
    January 12, 2015 (4:27 am)

These are all great goals and I wish you the very best in continuously achieving them. It’s so important to spend more time with our families, we get caught up in daily life and forget to spend those quality times together.
    Playing games and having staycations are all great ways to focus on each other and have fun.