#FitnessFriday – Move Something

This week was a fabulous week for my workouts.  On Saturday (which is technically last week) I ran the the 5K in the Baltimore Running Festival.

Baltimore Running Festival 5K

Showing off my 5K medal.

On Monday, October 20th we kicked off our second installation of the DietBet challenge called Operation Pre-Holiday Slimdown.   There’s still time to register – $35 gets you in and we currently have over 60 people signed up!!!  The pot just keeps growing.  Lose 4% of your bodweight in 28 days and win money.  🙂

The rest of the week I did workouts on the treadmill (1 mile warm ups) working to decrease my mile time by picking up the pace on the treadmill each time.  I made progress.  I stopped being a wimp and turned it up because I know I can run faster.

Treadmill 1 mile warm up

Treadmill 1 mile warm up

While I didn’t get a chance to get with my personal trainer this week due to hectic schedules I did do my Sanders Optimum Fitness Online Boot Camp sessions which were tough.  Don’t let anyone tell you any different BUT they are effective.  There’s still time to sign up at http://sandersoptimumfitness.com.  Tell them I sent ya.  🙂

While I didn’t get with my personal trainer this week here are two killer workouts she created for me and the ladies of my fitness group last week.  ENJOY and tell me what you think of them.

Take It To'em Workout

Back To It Workout

And I must not forget the Little Black Dress challenge…..yes I put in work on that TOO!!!!!  Using my 30 Day Fitness Challenges app I tracked the workouts.  Now I did fall behind on my days and had to play catch up, who am I fooling, I’m still playing catch up but I did complete multiple days.  Check it out.

And there you have it folks.  I allowed myself NO EXCUSES and put in the work.  I am on a mission.  I must lose 1 inch from around my waist a MONTH plus 4% of my bodyweight in the next 4 weeks.  With focus and determination I am confident I will get there.  Until next week!

My workout week

Disclaimer: This workout was created by a certified trainer based on my current fitness level. Please adjust weight or motion based upon your fitness level. Always consult a physician before starting any new training program

What did your workout week look like?

What do you think went well?

What do you think you could have done differently?

22 Replies to "#FitnessFriday - Move Something"

Deborah
    October 24, 2014 (7:50 am)

You look so happy at the race-congrats!!
    Deborah recently posted…5 Reasons to love a Relay RaceMy Profile

October 24, 2014 (8:46 am)

Thanks Deborah. I had a boatload of fun.

Scott
    October 24, 2014 (10:31 am)

Ooh, I like the idea of a monetary incentive to losing weight. Fridays are usually my lazy day, but now I’m feeling guilty!
    Scott recently posted…A PEQ (Peek) into Making a Smart HomeMy Profile

October 24, 2014 (10:39 am)

Get it in early and you will be good.

Markita
    October 24, 2014 (11:29 am)

Yes girl, go faster! Your time is identical to my 5K time…something about that hump to get under a 9 minute mile (if your goal is to get faster) requires an extra push. Even if it’s not your ultimate goal, it would be cool to get there. Either way, great job!
    Markita recently posted…If I wanted to lose 10 pounds in a month, here’s what I would doMy Profile

Kungphoo
    October 24, 2014 (11:34 am)

Nice race! i did not workout in a long time.. i need to get back into it..

October 24, 2014 (1:37 pm)

It is great for stress relief and had so many benefits – you gotta get to it.

Stephanie
    October 24, 2014 (11:41 am)

Way to work it out! My workouts have fallen off lately but seeing your hard work is motivating!!! I will be back on today!!!
    Stephanie recently posted…What’s Your Playground Parent Personality?My Profile

Heather
    October 24, 2014 (11:43 am)

This week has not been as good as normal, I’ve been having a harder time sleeping and getting up for my morning workouts has only happened twice. Work has been crazy! Doing what I can to do what I can. 🙂
    Heather recently posted…4 Tips for Running in the DarkMy Profile

October 24, 2014 (1:36 pm)

Work is crazy here too. Morning workouts have been keeping me sane.

Shaney Vijendranath
    October 24, 2014 (1:17 pm)

Congrats! You look so determined.

Brittany October 24, 2014 (5:31 pm)

So jazzed about your 5K!!!! Way to go.

Nicole
    October 24, 2014 (11:36 pm)

You just shamed me into getting my but up and working. Thanks for the push.
    Nicole recently posted…Fall Leggings Giveaway – Sponsored by StyleGirlMy Profile

Elle
    October 24, 2014 (11:39 pm)

I have had a pretty good fitness week… getting my bodyweight workouts done and walking lots of miles!
    Elle recently posted…What a Week… Faves and RavesMy Profile

Danielle Stewart
    October 25, 2014 (1:06 am)

Those are great smiles! Nothing I love better than to see a woman taking charge of her life and finding the blessing in it. Your smile shows the blessing!

October 25, 2014 (7:34 am)

Awww shucks thank you Danielle.

Leslie
    October 25, 2014 (8:28 am)

Hellow fellow Marylander!!! The Husband and I came thisclose to participating in the Baltimore Running festival (maybe next year), but we did end up driving through it to get to the Zoo…… Anyway, it looks like you’ve got some great workouts there and congrats on finishing your 5k. I’ve been trying to find ways to incorporate small strength training bursts and the LBD challenge looks like a great one. Congrats again on all your great progress!
    Leslie recently posted…{Old School Blogging} Favorite ThingsMy Profile

October 25, 2014 (8:38 am)

Thank you Leslie. The BRF was great this year. Nice weather and positive vibes.

Wyatt Farmer June 27, 2015 (6:33 pm)

Oh man. This just reminds me that I haven’t done any form of exercise in a couple of weeks. I blame all the time spent in front of my computer keeping tabs on the sports betting industry. lol