stalking …ahem looking at some food sites and found this delicious looking garlic chicken recipe on Damn Delicious. Damn Delicious is a food recipe site by Chung Ah and the woman knows how to throw down in the kitchen. This garlic chicken recipe is just one of delicious creations featured on her site that just makes you want to lick the screen. Since I didn’t want to do that (lick the screen that is), I figured, let me try some of her recipes to see how well I could replicate them. This recipe here did not disappoint.
Try this one on for size and let me know how your family likes it.
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (I used boneless chicken thighs)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled (I bought the peeled cloves of garlic in a bag found in the produce section)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add chicken and sprinkle with thyme. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes; set aside chicken, reserving the juices in the skillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and milk. Whisk in flour mixture to the skillet until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with sauce mixture.