Through my place of employment I had the opportunity to raise $500 for the American Heart Association which is a worthwhile cause as they are raise money to conduct research to reduce deaths caused by heart disease. I received an email to my work email announcing because of the money I have raised I qualify for 1 of the gifts available on Tier 4. I was too excited! I took a look and there were so many lovely items I actually struggled on which one to choose. I had the choice of earrings, panini sandwich maker among other things.
My husband knows how much I love juicing, so when I asked him his opinion he said hands down, go for the DeLonghi Citrus Juicer which is electric.
The way you use it is, you simply slice your citrus fruit in half and press it down on the top spindle and it will begin to spin pushing the juice and pulp out of it. There is a lever that allows you to control the amount of pulp that drops into the juice. It holds up to 32 oz before you have to empty the bottom container and continue juicing. It really is quite simple to use.
What I liked about this product:
- It is easy to use
- The cord is easy to unwind and rewind
- It is very easy to clean as there aren’t that many parts
- It gets all of the juice out of the produce
- You can use it for grapefruit, oranges, limes and lemons. All citrus items
- It is dishwasher safe but it is so easy to clean I do not see the need to actually need to put it in there unless you just do not want to be bothered
What I thought could have been better:
- It spins a little slow for my taste – if it spun a little quicker I could have gotten through my produce quicker
- Pulp quickly piles up on the top pulp catcher (especially if you choose to minimize the pulp that goes in the juice) so you have to stop frequently to empty the pulp and continue
- My hands started to get a little tired pushing down on the top spindle but it wasn’t that bad
- When I tried to remove the bottom container in order to wash it for the first time, it was a struggle removing it from the base which holds the cord. There is nothing to hold on to the smooth base while I tried to turn the container loose. Eventually it came loose but perhaps it was stuck because it was new
Overall I rate this product from 1 (absolutely garbage) to 10 (the best thing since sliced bread) stars….I give it 8 stars! It does what it says it is going to do. It juices all of the juice out of the fruit leaving very little behind except the peel. The motor isn’t that noisy and it is extremely easy to use. You can’t beat that. It also beats having to use a non-motorized citrus juicer to extract juice. I think the pros clearly outweigh the cons and it would be an excellent purchase especially for those of you who like to enjoy fresh orange juice.
Here’s the produce I used and the amount of juice it yielded. Looks delicious right?
Disclaimer: FFFC was not paid nor compensated in any way for this review. All opinions of this product are our own.
Femme Fitale Fit Club
Motivating you to Firm, Fit and Fabulous!
Have fun with us online at Facebook Facebook