My first and last 5K race was the Susan G. Komen race in 2005 I did while employed at Erickson Living. It was a nice Fall day and I was so invigorated and exhilirated! I mean I had a real sense of accomplishment PLUS I raised money for a worthy cause. Fast forward to 2012 (boy how time flies) and I am contemplating signing up and raising money for the Great Prostate Cancer Challenge race in Baltimore, MD.
Another Femme Fitale asked for people to join her for this race and I really want to but this is what is holding me back from committing.
1. What if I can’t remain consistent with the training schedule?
2. What if life overwhelms and I can’t participate after committing?
3. Are their hills? How many? Are they really steep? :-)
4. Do I really have time for this in September when I am ALSO participating in the American Heart Association Walk/Run in October for work?
5. That is a major go-live weekend for work. I mean MAJOR implementation – how can I run in a race when my team will be in the office working on a major deployment?
With all of these crazy thoughts I think I AM going to sign up and do something for someone other than myself. It is a worthy cause and promotes good health!
You may want to consider signing up for the race too! Leave a comment below if you do. Maybe I will see you there.
For race details please visit their website: http://www.gpccbaltimore.com/